The next few weeks are going to be insanely busy for me. Why? Two words: Tech Week.
For those of you involved in theatrical productions, those words probably cause you equal parts of fear as they do excitement.
Allow me to explain: Tech week is the final week (or more, or slightly less.. As it changes depending on the company you work with) of dress and technical rehearsals before the opening night of the show. This is usually the first time in which the technical aspects of the show are being added to the acting and directing. For most companies and schools this can cause rehearsals that go late into the night or even early into the morning. It’s incredibly stressful, and yet at the same time is incredibly fun and incredibly worth it. Continue reading
Currently I am sitting here, 2 weeks into the school year. I’ve already been through and done a lot more than I expected to in these 2 weeks. I’m up to 19 credits of classes, still working a full time job, and now I’m working one of my school’s fall theatre productions. It’s a lot to swallow.
Luckily, one of the main things that is keeping me sane right now is consistently reminding myself that there are only 14 weeks left in this semester of school.
Then I’ll be able to take less classes, which will overall help everything fall into place better.
But, I don’t want my life to become consumed by all this work. I want to be able to keep a somewhat active life around more than just school and my jobs. So I’ve decided to make a list of goals (both school related and not) for this semester. Ready? Here they are:
14 Goals for 14 Weeks
- Be able to run 1 mile non-stop in under 10 minutes. (Quick explanation: I have a lot of health problems in my knees and hips and lungs, and I’ve never been able to run for more than a quarter of a mile non-stop.)
- Update: Ran 3/4 of a mile on November 7th. ✓
- Hike up to the cross on the mountain next to school at least twice
- Add at least 10lbs to every exercise I do at the gym
- Get at least a B in Global Studies and Intro to Christianity (my most difficult subjects right now)
- Get a passport
Get at least 250 page views on this blog in a month ✓ (completed in September)
Buy 1 pair of real yoga pants ✓
Wear my bangs off my face more often ✓
Register for under 17 credits next term ✓
Use my planner & post-it calendar everyday ✓
- Launch the new website for my work
- Don’t get sick more than once
Master my winged eyeliner ✓
- Print out more pictures for my wall
Bonus goal: Survive Tech Week.
Sometimes writing out your goals is all that you need to ensure that you keep them. Sometimes you need a little more motivation.
I’ve always been pretty good about keeping myself accountable for things, so I hope this will workout. As I complete these goals throughout the semester I will cross them off the list.
Do you keep goals? Do they help you keep on track or motivated? Tell me about it in the comments below!